LL700MP-HD SET UP & INSTRUCTIONS
LL700MP-HD INITIAL SETUP
Fitting device to your day scope.
The LL700MP-HD is supplied with 4 x spacers , depending on your scopes ocular size a spacer may or may not be required.
Add a few wraps of electrical tape to the scopes ocular at a minimum as this will dramatically increase the grip/help protect your scopes finish.
If you do have to use one of the supplied spacers again choose a spacer that allows a wrap of tape under the spacer & ON the spacer, again this will really help with grip & your spacer can stay affixed ready for next time.
SWITCHING ON YOUR DEVICE
Switching on your device will require the rocker switch to be turned to the “1” position & a long press of the top most DVR button (exposed via a cut out).Please Switch OFF in reverse .(DVR off then Camera rocker switch)
please ensure to switch off the toggle switch as damage to the camera battery could incur over time if left “on” for long periods.
FOCUSING THE CAMERA TO YOUR SCOPES CROSSHAIR
The lens on the LL700MP is under sprung tension,(units built before the 3/3/2017 will need the camera to be removed for lens focusing) if your crosshair is not sharp & clearly in focus you can make minor adjustments by turning the cameras lens & holding behind your scope to assess if the crosshair focus is getting better or worse. (If you cannot do this with your fingers a pair of pliers with some protective tape on them to protect the camera lens works well).
Minor adjustment to crosshair focus can also be made by turning your scopes diopter adjuster (adjusting ring usually closest your eye).
CHARGING YOUR DEVICE
Your LL700MP contains 2 x batteries both of which are charged independently.
The 12v battery powers the camera & requires the 5.5MM pin charger to be connected (Led charge status indicator goes from Red – Green when fully charged).
The DVR unit is charged via a USB cable & charge plug (status indicator shows battery power on DVR screen when switched “ON”)
PLEASE NOTE THIS DEVICE CONTAINS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS LI-ION BATTERIES & MUST NEVER BE LEFT CHARGING UNATTENDED OR OVERNIGHT.
FIRST USE IN THE FIELD
When you’re happy you have the device fitted correctly & a nice clear crosshair some adjustment of the camera in the field at night with the IR device you are going to be using is recommended.
Prior to your first trip out it’s a good idea to remove the 3 x self tapping screws + the cover at the back of the device, this will give access to the camera & the joystick controls.
ADJUSTING THE CAMERA
Pressing the joystick button will bring up the camera menu. The only settings you will need to adjust are:
- Page 1 of camera menu
- High luminance/Brightness numbered 1-33
- Low luminance/Brightness 25-1
- When finished go to next page of save/exit the cameras menu
Adjust these settings until you get the best possible image with your focused IR device.
Please note IR & scope choice will make a HUGE difference to your attainable performance.
Basic DVR operation
- Quickly pressing the topmost on & off button will capture a picture image.
- Pressing the top button with red dot will start recording “REC” illuminates on DVR screen and pressing this button again will stop the recording.
- If after viewing your exploits you see “NO SIGNAL DISPLAYED” you will need to press the bottom mode/exit button once more.
- If you do not have the camera signal cable in correctly or you have a discharged camera battery you may experience a software lock up of the DVR (won’t respond or switch off) this will require the battery to be pulled from the DVR (unplug cable from the DVR & pull from housing will allow you to remove the battery & refit).
- Please read through your DVR manual for further information.